Platinum Apartments is in the heart of the most thriving, bustling district of food, art, culture, entertainment, and people of Albuquerque. This colorful, eclectic neighborhood supplies a sense of excitement and adventure – all within a short drive or even a stroll. Platinum is just one block from Historic Route 66/Central Avenue. Nob Hill is the place to be for all you foodies and shopaholics.
If you like spending your time learning and growing, Nob Hill is close to several museums that are worth exploring.
- The Maxwell Museum of Anthropology, where permanent exhibits include “People of the Southwest and Ancestors,” and the museum’s “Current Issues in Anthropology”, you can research and interpret ancient tools, clothing, textiles, and art from world cultures.
- The Mariposa Gallery is one of the oldest contemporary craft galleries in the country. Here you can view the finest contemporary art, jewelry, and ceramics in New Mexico.
- The University of New Mexico Art Museum, free and open to the public, houses the largest art collection in New Mexico.
For thespians and theater lovers, Nob Hill has no shortage of theaters to visit. You’ll find these theaters within just a 5-minute radius of Platinum Apartments.
- Popejoy Hall, which seats up to 1985 patrons and is, therefore, the largest such venue in the state, hosts touring Broadway shows, symphony concerts, musical soloists and artists of international caliber, world-renowned ballet, and modern dance companies, and noted speakers from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- The building that houses Popejoy Hall is also home to two other more intimate performance spaces, Rodey Theater, hosting an eclectic schedule of local and traveling theater, dance, and music.
- Musical Theatre Southwest is a community theatre with a strong tradition of presenting Broadway-style musicals for families all across New Mexico and the nation.
Who doesn’t love coffee shops and Cafes? Nob Hill has a variety of quaint cafes to choose from, each with its own story and quirks.
- The Empire Board Game Library is a place where family and friends of all ages play board games while enjoying delicious food and coffee drinks.
- For coffee lovers, Little Bear Coffee is a craft coffee shop within walking distance of Platinum specializing in micro-roasted single-origin coffee in addition to an impressive selection of Natural Wines for after-hours visitors.
- Michael Thomas Coffee is another notable family-run coffee shop in the area.
Sports and Outdoor Activities
If you’re a sports fan, Nob Hill is the place to be.
- The Puerto del Sol Golf Course is only a 5-minute drive from Platinum Apartments and has Albuquerque’s only golf course featuring a lighted driving range.
- Isotopes Park is home to the Albuquerque Isotopes Baseball team and the New Mexico United Soccer Team and is only a 6-minute drive away.
- If you love college sports, join fellow UNM Lobo Fans for a basketball game at The Pit.
- Check out a football game at the University Stadium, a 6-minute drive away.
No surprise here – Nob Hill has a nightlife and bar scene for any mood you want.
- Happy Accidents named the best new cocktail bar in America, is a unique cocktail lounge with a craft-distiller license. If somehow that doesn’t pique your interest, the owner starred in Netflix’s Drink Masters!
- Public House ABQ has a completely different vibe as it is a wine lounge featuring New Mexico-produced wines, beers, and cocktails.
- Teddy Roe’s is dedicated to serving classics with a twist. It offers a different vibe than the Two Fools Tavern – a real Irish pub and eating spot in the middle of Nob Hill.
Nob Hill offers an escape to the great outdoors with four beautiful, relaxing parks. Get away, work out, play games, or sit and think at these parks.
- McDuffie Park – aka Hidden Park
- Bataan Memorial Park
- Hyder Park
- Morningside Park
Why Platinum Apartments?
Suppose you are interested in living in a luxury apartment at the center of this booming cultural district, full of endless opportunities to keep you entertained and relaxed. In that case, Platinum Apartments is the place for you!
Contact us now to see how we can provide you with your ideal living situation.
- Mariposa Gallery – 8 min on public
- Maxwell Museum of Anthropology – 8 min drive
- University of New Mexico Art Museum – 6 min drive
- Empire Board Game Library – 8 min on public
- Happy Accidents – 4 min drive
- McDuffie Park aka Hidden Park – 4 min drive
- Bataan Memorial Park – 4 min drive
- Morningside Park – 5 min walk
- Hyder Park – 4 min drive